Monday, August 13, 2012

Naltrexone and Mint Truffles

So I spent half the week baking, which was for the birthday of a girl in a disability workshop I've been in. I made my french vanilla sponge cake cupcakes with strawberry cream filling and whipped cream frosting(which I use a lot of vanilla and sugar so it has more flavor than typical whipped cream and doesn't leave that nasty coating in your mouth) and my mint truffles, which I tried out a new decoration for. I kinda pushed myself a little too far maybe and KIIIIILLED my back by the end of the last day, putting the cupcakes all together and assembling the truffles. For anyone who is wondering what the heck truffles are, they're candies that have a ganache filling(creamy mixture of heated cream poured over chocolate to melt the chocolate, at least in it's simplest form) and some sort of coating. Mine are a mint ganache with a white chocolate shell tinted green with semi-sweet chocolate decoration. It was nice to do some baking again, and especially some pastry decorating again, but my RSD was NOT having it, I may have tried to do a little more than I was capable of. :) Oops... It does make me that much more anxious to find some sort of working treatment and get to Le Cordon Bleu though. I can't wait to get back to having a real life, school and then a career!
 0813121021 by Porcelain Babydoll
0813121021, a photo by Porcelain Babydoll on Flickr.

Naltrexone has been pretty amazing so far. I haven't noticed any weird side effects, the weird dreams have stopped and I started being able to get to sleep on it after probably the second day. I'm talking real sleep, like a full actual restful night of sleep, which I haven't had in... I don't even remember the last time! It isn't exactly pain relief but it's going a long way, and it feels damn good in the morning to not already start off exhausted. Still another week before I start the ketamine, but if it adds anything to the Naltrexone than at least I'm getting a little quality of life back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment